Assault #brokenwomenmendstronger



"On my friends 18th birthday, the three of us girls thought it would be fun to go out to a local club to celebrate. This club has three stories, the bottom level for RnB, the middle for techno and the top was an outside area for smokers and a more 'chill' vibe of music. We decided we needed some fresh air upstairs, so my friends headed there as I followed behind. 

We got to the top floor and started dancing, it was very packed so there really wasn't much space. Two guys came up to my friend and I who I'll call 'Sophie' asking for our names. One of them told me I looked familiar. 



As I went to say my name one of the guys grabbed my waist and pulled me in a complete circle so that my back was towards my friends. The other guy took my friend Sophie away just as this guy was doing to me. He gently pushed me further away from her, I told him to stop but he smiled at me and told me his friend was attracted to me and he just wants to "talk". I told him I wanted to stay with my friends and that I wasn't interested. 

His mate then grabbed me and started lifting my skirt up. Immediately I felt violated, scared, alone and hopeless. It was so quick that I barely registered what was happening. 

He grabbed my ass so hard under my skirt that I immediately turned around but nothing came out. I just froze, his friends around started laughing and cheering him on as if he'd won some prize. 

I just wanted to die. I never felt so violated, frightened and embarrassed. I ended up escaping the hold his friend had on me and ran back to my friends who I was separated from. 

When I told them what happened my friend Sophie told me that the other guy he was with did the same thing to her but to her breasts.

The situation played in our heads over and over and we kept thinking "why?", "did we do anything to provoke that?". Even though we both knew that situation had nothing to do with how we looked, what we were wearing, or anything we did.

My friends and I weren't even separated from each other for 5 minutes, yet in that small amount of time 2/3 of us were sexually assaulted... the guys who did it were all regular looking dudes, probably only a couple of years older than my friends and I. The group of them looked like typical popular kids/jocks, the one who assaulted me a brunette with 'beachy' hair.  He was quite tall, about a head or so taller than me in heels. "




Comments

Popular Posts