#Broken What else could you expect ...



“…He finishes… I stumble out of the hotel in ripped bloody clothes.  It’s dawn.  The street is littered from last night’s party goers. I grabbed a cab home. Crawled up six flights. Unlocked the door.  Dropped my bag. Kicked off my shoes. 

I forgot Tammy was visiting and woke her when my bag hit the floor.  I told her I was raped and beaten, in case she didn’t notice. Black eyes and blood. She said nothing. Her face said it all. What else could you expect when you dress in scanty clothes and dance in a cage and let people ogle at you? It was all there on her face. 

Tammy gathered her things, said she had to go home, as I walked toward the bathroom.  I stepped in the tub. Turned on the shower, hot. Stand there.  Stand there.  Stand there, under the hot water. Watched it swirl down the drain with my blood. Stripped off my stinking clothes. Stand there. Stand there,  and it is not enough. I am nothing. Empty.”


Chin, from her book Sex, Love and Sweet Suicide

Comments

Popular Posts